Berliner Cohen LLP and EPIC Team Up to Offer Webinar
Featuring EPIC Compliance Director Carl Pilger, Joined by Berliner Cohen Partner Christine Long and Employment Law Attorney Susan Bishop
Employment Law is constantly changing, and staying in compliance with this ever-changing landscape can be challenging. Join us for a webinar to better understand compliance under federal, state and local employment laws. Business owners and human resource professionals won’t want to miss this. Sign up today to learn about new laws taking effect January 1 and hear from employment attorneys and insurance experts about additional legislation to keep in mind.
We will cover the following critical information for California employers:
- Worker Classification: Employee vs. Contractor and how recent legislation affects the determination (AB 2257)
- COVID-19 Laws: The Cares Act, Local Sick Leave Laws, Work at Home Accommodations, COVID-related workers compensation rights (AB 685), stricter health and safety requirements (SB 1159), and more.
- Privacy and Pay Data Updates for January 2021
- Amendments to California Family Rights Act Affecting Employers of 5 or More
- Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (AB 1867)
- Harassment Training Requirements Updated (AB 1825)
- New laws on human resources mandated reporter requirements (AB 1963), working conditions for agricultural workers (AB 1066), work place accommodations under COVID, and more.
- Current Minimum Wage Analysis by City
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
9:30 AM to 12:00 PM Pacific Time
Berliner Cohen, LLP, is a highly-respected Northern California full-service business law firm. Berliner Cohen’s diverse business practices help guide business of all sizes through the challenges of owning, operating and succeeding in California. We seek to provide sound business advice from incorporation, to ongoing day to day management, whether your needs involve advising on corporate structure, employment advice and counsel, or leasing and real estate development. As your business grows, our award-winning tax and estate planning attorneys will guide you in protecting your assets, your wealth and planning for future generations.
For more information about this event, please contact Karen Gedwill at email@example.com.
Anything you’d like to hear us cover? Send us your questions and we’ll try to incorporate them into the presentation.
Required fields are marked with an (*).